Friday 12 March 2010

I'm tough, rough, ready and able

To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back

One week one.....and of course there's no way I'm giving up without a fight. I'm not saying I'll be there at the Moot Hall on 19 June...but I'm certainly not discounting that I will be!!!!

And if I need any inspiration......Kirsten's onto the entry list for the Scotland 100!!!! Which is actually 105 miles!!!!! What an amazing lass, what an inspiration, what an example to follow. Running for one year...and doing 100 miles.....and she will do it!! I have no doubt!!

How can I not fight on? And believe that I'llbe fit and ready come June?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rich. You've got to fight on! After months of hard training you CANNOT just give up. Good luck mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks both :-) I'm keeping fingers crossed. The jury's still out until the ankle goes down a bit, but the osteo thinks it's quite possibly not cartilage, but the kneecap impinging upon a tendon (ouch!)
    I'm not giving up.....my last big training weekend is when Kirsten's doing the 100, and I intend to be running over the mountains and supporting her at CPs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rich G lie down? Not a chance ;-)

    ReplyDelete