Tuesday 22 December 2009

Inspiration!

Follow the link on the right "In the bleak midwinter", into the linked blogs on that site, for some incredible photos of what looks like a tough, but inspiring day out. I'm sure Mark must be a bit disappointed to not have dipped under the 24 hours, but what an incredible achievement to get round in true winter conditions. So inspiring, and I feel a wave of excitement and anticipation rising in me just reading about it. I think that desire is still simmering, and once Christmas is out of the way, the training plan will be in place ready for 19th June.

Little in the way of running here for a couple of days. Having had a lovely solo walky run over the moors on Saturday afternoon (including a quick trip into the Cat to warm up in front of the fire with a pint of Pennine Gold ;-) ), Sunday and yesterday were both busy days with little time to get out.

The snow's falling again this morning, adding a new layer to the carpet of snow that covers the moors. Pleased to day I have the time to get out there this afternoon, so will wade my way across to High Brown Knoll and take in the bleakness of the situation.
I hope there's a sunset like there was the other day, but can't see it at the moment.














No comments:

Post a Comment